Crosstalk with Select Telecom (Spring 2016)
Every issue, “Get to Know Select” will feature a different employee sharing their experience at Select Telecom, along with updates about what’s going on at the company. Have a favorite employee you’d like to hear from? Email us to let us know!
April Fools Day may not be the most auspicious date for any big changes, but nonetheless we were excited to move into a new building on April 1st. Our new headquarters at 333 Westchester Avenue in White Plains is roomier and easier to find from the highway – just look for the enormous red tower – plus we are now closer to our main customer markets.
Here are some fun facts about our new digs:
- 333 Westchester Avenue is right on Route 287, a highway our technicians use to get almost everywhere. Being so close to this useful route will save our technicians about 10 minutes daily. Though it may sound like peanuts, multiply that by half a dozen technicians and we gain something like an extra hour of service we can provide to our customers every day.
- It takes approximately 50 steps to get from the front of our office to the back – that’s 100 steps in a round trip. It’s a fitbitter’s paradise.
- The huge facilities at 333 Westchester Avenue were originally a headquarters for General Foods. AnnaLisa Tedeschi, the first person you see when you walk into our office, worked in this building 20 years ago while she was an Associate Consumer Promotion Manager for Post Cereals. She says that pretty much the whole building looks different except the stairwells and the bathrooms.
- We still have our signature stripe painted across the walls – don’t worry.
- Our Helpdesk Technicians, Krystal, Anthony, and Bob, now share an office. Oddly, they never turn their office lights on. Maybe it’s because they’re pretending to work like Silicon Valley computer programmers? In any event, we might have to call that room the Helpdesk Cave.
Here are some photos from our move-in days. Keep an eye on our Facebook page for updates as we set up the new office space.